Friday, May 16, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day 19

Today I feel:

After days and days of depressing rain, we had a sunny day today!

John and I really needed to get out of the house so we went for a drive along the coast where the most scenic beaches are. The plan was to go to the zoo but we were dummies and forgot we didn't bring any cash, so we ended up adventuring instead!

There are so many beaches on the island that have no footprints in the sand and seem completely secluded, it's awesome.

I did go into full island mode and didn't really feel like working out, but did end up doing Upper Fix and 10 Minute Abs like...30 minutes ago...Hey, whatever I did 'em right!?

I noticed I had some bell peppers that have been chillin' in my fridge for a while so I decided to throw together a concoction. This is actually a trick I learned from my mom, if it's about to go bad throw it all together in a crock pot.

I got inspired by this recipe for "peperonata" , but here is my take on it!

Crock-pot-a Pepero-not-a 
3 bell peppers (3 different colors!), seeded sliced lengthwise
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
dried oregano (3 pinches)
garlic flakes (I put a bunch....so this one's "to taste")
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil

(If you are doing the 21 Day Fix, I would put the mixture into 1 green and count it as 1 green and 1/2 teaspoon)

Directions: Drizzle the olive oil into the crock pot, throw in the onions, tomatoes, garlic, and peppers on top. Sprinkle all the seasoning on top and put a lid on it! Mine is on High and it's been stewing for about an hour and a half....I'm getting a lot of good smells so I'm thinking it'll be nice and soft and "saucy" in a couple more hours....lets say 4 hours cooking time? Lemme know if you disagree!





No comments:

Post a Comment